Manage and Grow
By Lorri Mealey
How Manage Restaurant Finances
Money is always an issue for restaurants. There never seems to be enough of it. The key to managing finances in a restaurant is knowing how to spend and where. It is also important to know what to do when problems arise, to keep them from escalating.
- How Did You Finance Your Restaurant?
- How to Manage Restaurant Finances
- How to Read an Income Statement
- 10 Ways Restaurants Can Save Money
- Track Sales with a POS System
- How to Manage Restaurant Cash Flow
- How to Estimate Restaurant Sales
- Daily Business Review
- How to Prevent Employee Theft
How to Market Your Restaurant
Advertising is crucial for any new restaurant. However, not all advertising methods are created equal, or cheap for that matter. Try some savvy marketing ideas that will bring in business without breaking the bank.
- Month by Month Advertising Guide
- Advertising on a Budget
- Restaurant Promotions
- What is Restaurant Week?
- Seasonal & Special Restaurant Promotions
- How to Turn Servers Into Salespeople
- Web Site Advertising Guide for Restaurants
- Restaurant Promotion: Wine Tasting
The menu sets the tone for the restaurant. It is why people keep coming back. However, creating a restaurant menu involves a lot of work and research. Before you begin writing your menu, you must have a definite concept in mind, as well as a general price range. Finally, the look and layout of your menu is just as important as what it says.
- 10 Things to Know About Restaurant Menus
- Everything Your Need to Know About Creating a Restaurant Menu
- How to Choose Restaurant Menu Items
- How to Price a Restaurant Menu
- Ten Reasons Restaurants Should Buy Local Foods
- What to Skip on Your Restaurant Menu
- When to Use Market Price
- 10 Easy Ways to Make Restaurant Children’s Menus Healthier
- The Link Between a Restaurant Menu and the Commercial Kitchen
- How to Reduce Food Spoilage
Good food will lure customers into your restaurant, while good service keeps them coming back. In a business where the customer is always right, how you handle customer complaints, appreciation and promotions is important for return business.
- Guide to Restaurant Customer Service
- How to Show Customer Appreciation
- How to Handle Customer Complaints
- How to Deal With Drunk Customers
- How to Hire Great Staff
- How to be a Kid Friendly Restaurant
- How to Create a Customer Comment Card
- Should You Take Restaurant Reservations?
- The Basics of Restaurant Tipping
There are many books, television shows, magazine and websites available to help restaurant owners manage day-to-day operations. There is advice on everything from updating the menu to going green at your restaurant.
- Running a Restaurant for Dummies
- The Everything Guide to Catering
- Recipe for Success
- Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares
Information on catering for restaurants, including menu ideas, supplies and equipment lists, and marketing strategies.
- Guide to Restaurant Catering
- How to Start a Restaurant Catering Business
- Guide to Buying Restaurant Catering Equipment
- Catering 101 - The Basics