Looking for springtime menu inspiration? April offers more than just Easter - there are all sorts of national food days in April. Upcoming food day celebrations include:
• April 17 - Healthy Kids Day - Check out this article all about .
• April 18 - National Animal Crackers Day - Offer free boxes of animal crackers to all of your loyal kid customers.
• April 19 -Garlic Day - this could surpass Thanksgiving as my favorite holiday.
• April 20 - National Pineapple Upside-down Cake Day - check out this recipe for a new dessert.
• April 21 - National Jelly Bean Day - just in time for Easter.
• April 22 - National Picnic Day - does your restaurant have outside dining?
• April 23 - Pigs in a Blanket Day - always a popular breakfast menu item.
Spring has finally arrived to the wilds of Northern New England, where I hang my hat. With the warmer weather, it's time to start thinking about garden fresh produce. Nothing beats the flavor or food freshly harvested. Does your restaurant buy local? If not, here are ten reasons why it should.
One of the most important elements of opening a new restaurant is choosing the right location. Is there enough parking? Is the space big enough to accommodate a dining room and kitchen? Is the area good for a restaurant? Does it have high visibility? These are all things that should be considered first, before signing a lease. Read on for more about finding the perfect restaurant location.
Writing a menu might seem pretty strait forward at first, but once you start trying to figure out the correct food cost for items and deciding how large or small to make your menu, it can get confusing. To help clear up the confusion, check out one of my most popular articles, Tips for Writing a Restaurant Menu.
Photo Credit: Windsor