R&I Top Ten Chains to Watch
1. YATS – Cajun-Creole menu with headquarters in Indianapolis. Currently has six locations, with 9 more in the works for the Chicago area.
2. Bread & Company – Artisan breads and pastries with headquarters in Nashville, TN. Currently has four location with 16 more in the works, mainly in the southeastern United States.
3. Red Mango – Frozen yogurt. A Korean chain that came stateside in 2007 and currently has 38 locations with plans to expand on both the East and West coasts and the Chicago area.
4. Jimmy’ Egg – A full service breakfast and lunch chain. Headquarters in Okalahoma City with 13 locations and plans to three more planned to open by the end of 2008.
5. Brixx- Pizza franchise with headquarters in Charlotte, NC. Currently has 12 units with plans for 50 -60 more units over the next five years.
6. Boloco – A fast casual burrito concept. Headquarters in Boston, with 13 units and plans for three more by the end of 2008.
7. Bumblefish – Neo Asian (have to look that one up) concept. Headquarters in Alexandria, VA with 12 locations and plans for in Philadelphia and Washington DC.
8. Johnny’s Lunch – Focus on hot dogs. Seven units with headquarters in Toledo, Ohio. Plans to expand more than 1000 more franchises over the next five years.
9. Capriottis – A quick-service sandwich chain with headquarters in Las Vegas. Currently has 54 locations with plans to expand to 400 units over the next five years.
10. Tilted Kilt – (The best name on this list, if you ask me) Has a focus on entertainment, mainly in the form of servers wearing kilts. Currently has 11 locations with headquarters in Tempe, Arizona and plans to expand to 50 units through 2009.
Read more about the Ten Franchises to Watch at Restaurant & Institutions
More on Restaurants Franchise
Photo Credit: Tilted Kilt